NAMI Contra Costa: Helping Families and Individuals Affected by Mental Illness for Over 30 Years
Our mission is to provide support, outreach, education and advocacy to families affected by and individuals living with mental illness.
Upcoming Education Meetings
Presented by Gigi R. Crowder.
Gigi R. Crowder, speaker for the NAMI February Monthly Education Meeting, will speak about cultural relevance and appropriate cultural responsiveness in providing mental health services.
As a longtime NAMI member, a resident of Contra Costa, and Ethic Services Manager for Alameda County, Ms. Crowder will be sharing her wisdom, expertise and knowledge. She is known both statewide and locally for her work in creating mental health friendly faith communities and is a pioneer in developing curriculum to train faith leaders to better sup-port those with mental health challenges.
How to Advocate for a Loved One During the 5150 Process
Dr. Melanie Watkins, Author of Taking My Medicine: My Journey from Teenage Mother to Physician
Dr. Watkins has a private practice in Walnut Creek. She is very well versed in looking at psychiatric cases from the family viewpoint.
She has had extensive experience with people with serious mental illness from working on the acute care ward of the county hospital for many years. There will be time for questions.
- Family-to-Family: A free 12-week education course for families and caregivers of those living with mental illness.
- Peer-to-Peer: A free 10-week education course for individuals living with a mental illness.
- Individual Support Groups: Support groups for individuals living with mental illness.
- Family Support Groups: Support groups for family members that have loved ones living with mental illness.
- NAMI Connection: A weekly recovery support group for people living with a mental illness.
- In Our Own Voice: An interactive, multimedia presentation by individuals living with a mental illness that offers hope and combats stigma.
- De Familia a Familia – Curse gratuito de 12 semanas.
- Provider Education Program: Designed for people who work directly with individuals living with mental illness.
We need your support to fund our free programs and services.
All of our services are free or charge.Donate Today