NAMI Contra Costa: Helping Families and Individuals Affected by Mental Illness for Over 30 Years
Our mission is to provide support, outreach, education and advocacy to families affected by and individuals living with mental illness.
Upcoming Education Meetings
Dr. Allen Fertziger, Grief Process
IMPORTANT! Please note the April General meeting will be held at the Putnam Clubhouse, not our usual location at John Muir Hospital. The Putnam Clubhouse is at 3024 Willow Pass Road, Suite 230 Concord, CA 94519. The time is the same, from 7:00PM – 8:30PM.
Dr. Allen Fertziger trained in Medical Physiology at the University of Michigan and spent many years doing brain research. He will discuss strategies to understand and use one’s grief to support and aid one’s own personal growth, and be a more effective caregiver to your loved ones with mental illness.
Click here for a flyer
- Family-to-Family: A free 12-week education course for families and caregivers of those living with mental illness.
- Peer-to-Peer: A free 10-week education course for individuals living with a mental illness.
- Individual Support Groups: Support groups for individuals living with mental illness.
- Family Support Groups: Support groups for family members that have loved ones living with mental illness.
- NAMI Connection: A weekly recovery support group for people living with a mental illness.
- In Our Own Voice: An interactive, multimedia presentation by individuals living with a mental illness that offers hope and combats stigma.
- De Familia a Familia – Curse gratuito de 12 semanas.
- Provider Education Program: Designed for people who work directly with individuals living with mental illness.
Latest Announcements and Articles from our Blog
In all instances of mental illness or addiction, one common factor cited by those who have achieved success in treatment […]
The holiday season is meant to be a joyful, festive time of celebration and unity with our loved ones. However, […]
In a culture which is at times obsessed with outward appearances and success, it’s easy to forget that we as […]
The People With Disabilities Foundation of San Francisco announces the following seminar will discuss the psychological and legal implications of […]